Articles may be listed under more than one topic.
- New! Briefing Paper 9: Public Perception of Employee Ownership draws on several public opinion polls to outline the public's perception of employee ownership, employee owners, and employee-owned companies. Buy now!
- Human Resources and Company Performance by Noemi Giszpenc. A brief synopsis of research on the performance effects of various approaches to human resources management, published by The ESOP Association.
- Motivating Employee-Owners: 1. Abstract This study by Douglas Kruse et al. analyzes the role of human resource policies in the performance of ESOP firms, using employee survey data from 13 companies. Presented at a panel on "Econometric Case Studies of Human Resources and Firm Performance," Industrial Relations Research Association, January 2003. Click to download file as a PDF.
- Motivating Employee-Owners: 2. Main
- Motivating Employee-Owners: 3. Conclusion
- Carris Companies' Practice of Employee Governance: An article about the Carris Companies and their lessons in employee involvement by Dr. Cecile G. Betit, published in the Journal of Corporate Citizenship.
- Research Evidence on Prevalence and Effects of Employee Ownership Testimony by Douglas Kruse before the Subcommittee on Employer-Employee Relations, Committee on Education and the Workforce, U.S. House of Representatives, February 13, 2002
- Briefing Paper 1: Research Highlights -- The Performance of ESOP Companies reviews research evidence that shows that ESOP companies tend to out-perform non-ESOP companies, and participatory ESOP companies out-perform non-participatory and non-ESOP companies. Free download! [119 KB]
- Show Them the Money, an article by Adria Scharf, outlines the wealth effects of ESOPs based on studies in Washington and Massachusetts. Published by the ESOP Association.
- Briefing Paper 7: Research Highlights 2 -- ESOPs and Employee Wealth highlights the two studies on the effectiveness of ESOPs in creating wealth for ESOP participants. Free download! [112 KB]
- Participation: Decision Making and Employee Ownership, the second in a series of The Ownership Culture Report, working papers on the quantitative study of ownership culture.
- Making an ESOP Work for You, a free publication, provides an overview of communications, organizational culture, and participation for employee ownership companies. The booklet is available in two versions: for companies considering an ESOP, and for companies with existing ESOPs.
- Organizational Psychology and Definitions of Ownership: This article explores common conceptions of ownership, their prevalence among employee owners, and implications for employee-ownership companies
- Ownership and Motivation--What Does Ownership Mean to Employees?: The fourth issue of the Ownership Culture Reports, a series of working papers on the quantitative study of ownership culture. Click to download the file as a PDF [126 KB].
- Ownership Cynics: The third issue of the Ownership Culture Reports. Click to download the file as a PDF [583 KB].
- Trust and Ownership: Trust in Managers and Trust in Ownership: The first issue of the Ownership Culture Reports, a series of working papers on the quantitative study of ownership culture. Click to download the file as a PDF [469 KB].
- Nothing Measured, Nothing Gained: published in the January/February, 1998, issue of the Employee Ownership Report, the newsletter of the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)