home >> online
Online Resources: Articles on Leadership Tools
Articles may be listed under more than one topic.
- The ESOP 'WorkOut' by Christopher Mackin, published in the ESOP Association's ESOP Report, February, 2005. This article introduces the "WorkOut" process for bringing a large group of people together to address challenging business issues as a tool for both performance and culture change.
- Managing Ownership Complexity by Christopher Mackin and Loren Rodgers, published in the Foundation for Enterprise Development's online magazine, November, 2001. This article explores two major clusters of interpretations of ownership: one primarily about financial incentive, and the other about a set of ideas we term "ownership culture."
- Making an ESOP Work for You, a free publication, provides an overview of communications, organizational culture, and participation for employee ownership companies. The booklet is available in two versions: for companies considering an ESOP, and for companies with existing ESOPs.
- What do Employee Owners Really Think About Ownership? by Loren Rodgers. Explains the effects of differences between what management thinks about ownership and what employees think. Published by the National Center for Employee Ownership.
- For the Non-Management Champion Employee-ownership rarely succeeds if managers are the only ones who support it. Talking
one-on-one with co-workers, and slowly persuading them that ownership is for real, is something that can only be done by
people outside management. This article provides tips and tools for these employee-ownership champions.
- Making Employee Ownership Real: An Interview with Loren Rodgers Published by The Foundation for Enterprise Development's Leading Company E-Zine, August, 2000. Gives an overview of what an ownership culture is and how a company can go about creating one.
- 42 E.S.O.P. Ideas for ESOP Month is a collection of creative and educational ideas to help you celebrate Employee Ownership Month. Buy now!
- The ESOP Game gives you everything you need to run a fun, educational game as part of an ESOP training. Buy now!
- Frontiers and Boundaries: Managing Ownership Expectations
is a curriculum developed by Ownership Associates over the last ten years in response to clients
seeking to involve their work forces in the decision making process. This booklet
introduces a framework to help companies plan, develop, communicate and evaluate
management systems that are inclusive, efficient, widely understood and broadly supported.
- The Frontiers and Boundaries Handbook guides you, step-by-step, through a process of clarifying who does what at your company. Buy now!
- Briefing Paper 5: ESOP "Kick-Off" Meeting presents a sample agenda for a kick-off meeting that answers employees' initial questions, defuses common fears, and manages employees' ownership expectations. Buy now!
- Briefing Paper 6: ESOP Training for Middle Managers / Supervisors details an agenda for preparing managers to answer employee questions, sharing the vision statement with managers, clarifying the effect of ownership on management practices, and enhancing managers' group-process skills. Buy now!
- Representative Structures in Employee-Owned Firms: from the Spring, 1995 issue of the Journal of Employee Ownership Law and Finance
- Surveys and Employee Ownership describes how a survey can help your company build the culture you want and introduces you to our operational definition of an ownership culture. Click to download file as a PDF [393 KB].
- Total Quality Management and Employee Ownership by Fred Freundlich and Christopher Mackin, published by The National Center for Employee Ownership in Employee Ownership Report, September/October, 1992.
- Creating an Ownership Culture by Christopher Mackin, published in The Journal of Employee Ownership Law and Finance by the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO), Vol. II, No. 4, Fall 1990, pp. 79-94.
Listed by Name