home >> online
Online Resources: Articles on Employee Participation
Employee Participation and Involvement
Articles may be listed under more than one topic.
- The ESOP 'WorkOut' by Christopher Mackin, published in the ESOP Association's ESOP Report, February, 2005. This article introduces the "WorkOut" process for bringing a large group of people together to address challenging business issues as a tool for both performance and culture change.
- Participation: Decision Making and Employee Ownership The second in a series of Ownership Culture Reports, working papers on the quantitative study of ownership culture. Click to download the file as a PDF [502 KB].
- Frontiers and Boundaries: Managing Ownership Expectations
is a curriculum developed by Ownership Associates over the last ten years in response to clients
seeking to involve their work forces in the decision making process. This booklet
introduces a framework to help companies plan, develop, communicate and evaluate
management systems that are inclusive, efficient, widely understood and broadly supported.
- Frontiers and Boundaries Handbook: Mapping Decision-Making Responsibility. A Handbook for companies wishing to use Decision Zone Charts to communicate their decision-making systems. Preview available at no charge, or purchase the Handbook in the OA webstore.
- Carris Companies' Practice of Employee Governance: An article about the Carris Companies and their lessons in employee involvement by Dr. Cecile G. Betit, published in the Journal of Corporate Citizenship.
- Self-Direction and Employee-Ownership: An Ownership Associates Working Paper that outlines three aspects of shared decision-making: autonomy, participation, and influence and their relationship to productivity.
- Getting People to Participate: An article published in NCEO's Employee Ownership Report on clarifying and shifting decision making responsibility.
- ESOP Committee Development: Executive Summary of a document published in the ESOP Committee Guide of the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) by Stephen Clifford, Loren Rodgers, and Christopher Mackin. Click to download the file as a PDF.
- ESOP Committee Development: Full Introduction
- ESOP Committee Development: Part 1 Group Dynamics
- ESOP Committee Development: Part 2 Stage 1: Infancy or "forming" stage
- ESOP Committee Development: Part 3 Stage 2: Adolescent or "storming" stage
- ESOP Committee Development: Part 4 Stage 3: Adult or "performing" stage
- ESOP Committee Development: Part 5 Stage 4: Older adult or "transforming" stage
- ESOP Committee Development: Part 6 Conclusion
- Briefing Paper 3: ESOP Committees -- Design Parameters offers a checklist of issues to resolve before setting up an ESOP committee for the committee to have maximum success contributing to the health of the company. Buy now!
- Representative Structures in Employee-Owned Firms: from the Spring, 1995 issue of the Journal of Employee Ownership Law and Finance
- "Employee Owned and Governed" The Carris Community of Companies. Background information on Carris Reels, one of the nation's most innovative ESOP companies and an Ownership Associates client.
Listed by Name