home >> online
Online Resources: Articles on Employee Motivation
Articles may be listed under more than one topic.
- 42 E.S.O.P. Ideas for ESOP Month is a collection of creative and educational ideas to help you celebrate Employee Ownership Month. Buy now!
- The ESOP Game gives you everything you need to run a fun, educational game as part of an ESOP training. Buy now!
- The Ownership Incentive This document contains excerpts from The Ownership Incentive,
a training module available from Ownership Associates.
- What do Employee Owners Really Think About Ownership? by Loren Rodgers. Explains the effects of differences between what management thinks about ownership and what employees think. Published by the National Center for Employee Ownership.
- Ownership and Motivation--What Does Ownership Mean to Employees?: The fourth issue of the Ownership Culture Reports, a series of working papers on the quantitative study of ownership culture. Click to download the file as a PDF [126 KB].
- Ownership Cynics: The third issue of the Ownership Culture Reports. Click to download the file as a PDF [583 KB].
- Self-Direction and Employee-Ownership: An Ownership Associates Working paper that outlines three aspects of shared decision-making: autonomy, participation, and influence and their relationship to productivity.
- Making Employee Ownership Real: An Interview with Loren Rodgers, published by The Foundation for Enterprise Development [now the Beyster Institute at the Rady School, UC San Diego] in its online magazine, Leading Company (August, 2000). Gives an overview of what an ownership culture is and how a company can go about creating one.
- Motivating Employee-Owners: 1. Abstract This study by Douglas Kruse et al. analyzes the role of human resource policies in the performance of ESOP firms, using employee survey data from 13 companies. Presented at a panel on "Econometric Case Studies of Human Resources and Firm Performance," Industrial Relations Research Association, January 2003.
- Motivating Employee-Owners: 2. Main
- Motivating Employee-Owners: 3. Conclusion
- For the Non-Management Champion Employee-ownership rarely succeeds if managers are the only ones who support it. Talking one-on-one with co-workers, and slowly persuading them that ownership is for real, is something that can only be done by people outside management. This article provides tips and tools for these employee-ownership champions.
- Manage Your Expectations to Avoid the "Option Blues" What do you say to employees with "underwater" options? Click here for an abstract, or see the full article for no charge at myStockOptions.com.
- Who's Afraid of Ownership? by Loren Rodgers. Published by The National Center for Employee Ownership in Employee Ownership Report, July/August, 2002, p. 10.
Listed by Name